We’re here to help you find a job, obtain new skills, or get the training you need to move ahead in the workplace. We work with individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and skill sets. All of our services are free. To learn more about these services please call us (901) 636-7971.
For job search assistance please visit jobs4tn.gov.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (All locations)
*We do not have facilities for children - Please make arrangements for someone to care for your children before visiting the Career Center. We do aplogize for the inconvenience that this may cause. Thank You!
Job seekers are encouraged to attend ORIENTATION as the first step in our service process.
REQUIREMENT TO RECEIVE SERVICES: Participant MUST BE 18 YEARS & older for Adult & Dislocated Worker Services --- 16 - 24 YEARS - Youth & Older Youth Services
ORIENTATION is offered Monday thru Thursday @ these locations:
Specific Days & Times:
- (Mon & Wed, 8:30a & 1p) Downtown Career Center - 480 Beale Downtown
- (Tue & Thu, 9a) Hickory Hill Career Center - 4240 Hickory Hill
- (Tue & Thu, 9a & 2p) Fayette County Career Center - 121 W. Court Square - Somerville, TN
- (Tue & Thu, 9:30a) Walnut Grove Career Center - 3040 Walnut Grove (Midtown)
- Please see Weekly Service Flyer for more information on Orientation times, Core Weekly Services, and Required Documentation.
We can provide you with access to research on wages, skills, educational requirements, and projected job growth within industries and sectors. http://www.jobs4tn.gov
LOOK FOR A JOB
Visit the WIN Career Center at 480 Beale Street Memphis, TN 38103 http://mapquest.com for free access to our computers, printers, fax machine, copier, and telephone to help you look for a job.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Targeted Workshops offering the most up-to-date techniques and practices exclusive to the LWDA 13 region are:
- Resume Writing
- Resume Writing Boot Camp
- Mock Interviewing
- Jobs4TN.GOV - Job Seeker Solutions - Industry Sectors
- Soft Skills in the Workplace
- WIN Computer Basics
- Social Media for Job Search
View our Career Development & Events Calendar for a current schedule of available workshops.
Workshops are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Participant must be 18 years or older (click for days and times)
For More Info Regarding Available Workshops - See Below:
JOB FIRST PHILOSOPHY
- Upon completion of Orientation, participants will register in Jobs4TN.gov, and assigned to a (WDS) Workforce Development Specialist to discuss career development aspirations relative to Job Search and/or Training.
- We’re here to assist you with job search and career development based on your skills, interests, and goals.
- We offer career assessments to help you find out which jobs are best suited to your interests, skills, and talents.
- Upon review of your test results, your WDS will provide guidance tailored to enhance your individual job search efforts and the most successful career path to employment.
WIN provides funding to eligible clients to pay for occupational skills training to enhance employability and career opportunities.
If suitable for training, Career Coaches will schedule job seekers for the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE).
TABE TESTING TIMES: (DOWNTOWN) (480 Beale St. - Memphis)
Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:30a and 2p
TABE TESTING TIMES: (Hickory Hill) (4240 Hickory Hill - Memphis)
TABE TESTING TIMES: (Walnut Grove) (3040 Walnut Grove - Memphis)
TABE TESTING TIMES: (Fayette County) (121 W. Court Square - Memphis)
Wednesdays, 10a & 3p
Requirements for TABE Testing:
- Completion of Career Center Orientation
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or Certified High School Diploma Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License or State or Gov't issued ID
- Social Security Card
Please see Eligible Training Providers for an exhaustive list of all eligibility requirements to receive funding for school in the form of an Individual Training Account (ITA).
Below you will find a link to all of the IN DEMAND WIN approved eligible training programs.
- The Workforce Investment Network serves LWDA 13 (Memphis, Shelby & Fayette Counties)
Also, follow this link for an updated, comprehensive list and descriptions of ALL of the training providers and programs in Tennessee.
Need help to obtain a High School Equivalency Diploma? Contact these certified HSE providers:
- Hope Works - 1930 Union Ave Memphis, TN 38104 ● (901) 272.3700 Ext.104
If you have immediate or special needs, we can connect you with the right staff or agency within our network.
For more information, contact Janice Harris-Robinson.