WIN is a member of the State Rapid Response Team, which serves companies facing corporate restructuring or downsizing. We assess the skills of affected workers, evaluate additional job training needs, and help dislocated workers find new employment.
The State Rapid Response Team is a cooperative effort between WIN, the Tennessee Department of Labor, and the Unemployment Insurance Program. The following services are available to businesses facing layoffs:
- Job Placement Assistance
- On-site Layoff Transition Workshops
- Information on the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act
- Information on establishing an on-site career center to assist affected employees with their future employment needs
- Information to help minimize the emotional effects of a layoff and preserve both morale and production
- Information to help reduce employee attrition prior to the defined layoff date
- Information on Trade Adjustment Assistance/North American Free Trade Agreement (TAA/NAFTA) Programs (Note: If your layoff is due to foreign import competition or relocation of production off shore, your employees may be eligible for additional retraining benefits.)
- Information about unemployment insurance benefits
For more information on Layoff Rapid Response assistance, contact Henry Lewis at (901) 636-6228 or by email.